Waterloo Metro Quarter
A concept plan for the Waterloo over station development was approved in late 2019 after public consultation.
The John Holland and Mirvac joint venture has prepared State Significant Development applications (SSDAs) for the detailed design, including a modification to the approved concept for the new Waterloo Metro Quarter.
The applications were lodged with the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE) and on public exhibition for 28 days, from 5 November to 2 December 2020. Submissions on the development have now closed.
The Waterloo Metro Quarter overview booklet provides a snapshot of the full environmental impact statements and development applications. The presentation shown at the community webinars held in November also has information about the development.
The DPIE will assess the modification and detailed SSDAs and the Minister or their delegate will make their determination.
Visit the DPIE website at www.planning.nsw.gov.au/WaterlooOSD for updates on the status of the planning process.
Waterloo Station Design and Precinct Plan
Sydney Metro received planning approval for Waterloo Station in January 2017.
A Station Design and Precinct Plan (SDPP) was lodged in early 2021 to meet the conditions of this Critical State Significant Infrastructure approval for Sydney Metro City & Southwest.
John Holland carried out community consultation on the SDPP in June and July 2020.
The planning process is shown in the timeline below, highlighting what stage we are at.
Waterloo Station Design and Precinct Plan (SDPP) planning process
- Critical State Significant Infrastructure (CSSI) approved by Secretary, Department of Planning and Environment (DPE) in 2017
- John Holland awarded Station Design and Construct contract in late 2019
- Development of Station Design and Precinct Plan (SDPP)
- Consultation to receive comments
- Feedback reviewed and considered
- SDPP finalised and lodged with Design Review Panel for endorsement
- The endorsed SDPP is lodged with the Secretary, Department of Planning, Industry and Environment for approvalWE ARE HERE
Email us at email@example.com to register for email updates.